Nominate a Laureate
Nominees for the Loudoun Laurels Laureates must meet the high standards of the Loudoun Laurels which include: selflessness; integrity; creativity; wisdom and courage.
The members of the Loudoun Laurels Laureate Selection Committee established the following nomination criteria for Loudoun Laurels Laureates. A nominee must:
- meet the standards for Loudoun Laurels Laureates set forth above
- have served the Loudoun Community for a substantial number of years
- serve organizations and other groups in Loudoun County in a leadership capacity or in a capacity in which he/she makes a major contribution to the work of the organization of group
- volunteer time and talents in a manner that benefits Loudoun County
- enrich the broader Loudoun County community
- a nominee’s vocational service should be considered among his/her attributes
The Loudoun Laurels are seeking nominations from the Loudoun County community for its 2020 Laureates. Nominee submissions must include the following information:
- Number of years of service to the Loudoun County community
- List of groups and organizations served by the nominee and the capacity in which the nominee served the organization or group
- Description of volunteer service
- Description of vocational service
- Description of the manner in which the nominee has served the broader Loudoun County community
Nominations must be submitted no later than March 15, 2020.
Loudoun Laurels Laureate Selection Process
- The Loudoun Laurels Laureate Selection Committee (the Selection Committee) will create a list of the names of all nominees for the Loudoun Laurels Laureates and send the list with supporting information for each nominee to all members of the Loudoun Laurels Advisory Committee (the Advisory Committee).
- Each Advisory Committee member will cast two votes for nominees on the list. The Laureate Selection Committee will create a list of the top five nominees after the initial vote and submit the list to the members of the Advisory Committee.
- Each Advisory Committee member will vote for two of the nominees on the list of five nominees.
- If there is not a clear majority of votes for two of the nominees on the list of five, the top four, or top three nominees’ names will be submitted to the members of the Advisory Committee with instructions to vote for two nominees.
- When there is a clear majority for two nominees, the Laureate Selection Committee will notify the Advisory Committee members of the names of the current year Loudoun Laureates and publish a press release announcing the Loudoun Laurels Laureate Honorees.